what do i do?
I am Head of SEO & Distributed Platforms at Trinity Mirror.
what can i do?
I have worked for 12 years in online marketing. Focused and goal-oriented with a proven ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and a track record of exceeding objectives and contributing to a company'’'s growth and success.
Passionate about search, and with advanced practical & technical knowledge of running successful SEO campaigns for major brands. Expert knowledge of web analytics and analysing big datasets.
In 5 years working at OMD & Omnicom I played a core role in growing a nascent SEO offering from a 2 person team to not only a highly profitable department, but also one of the most competitive and respected SEO agency offerings in the UK, with over 15 SEO team members across 2 agencies, managing SEO campaigns for some of the UK's biggest brands such as easyJet, McDonald's & Eurotunnel.
- Highly advanced SEO knowledge and experience running multiple campaigns for enterprise websites.
- Experience in all aspects of SEO; on-site optimisation & information architecture, link development and analysis, social media and more.
- Experience with just about every commercial SEO tool out there. Hell if I don't find what I want I just build my own :)
- Advanced Google Analytics user (GAIQ).
- Instrumental in gaining OMD Group certification as a Google Analytics Certified Partner.
- Experience in Omniture, WebTrends and other analytics solutiions.
- Worked with the Google Analytics API.
other marketing stuff
- Experience running highly effective paid search, email marketing & affiliates campaigns
- Strong understanding of usability and accessibility
- Strong grasp of P&L and managed SEO department's finances at OMD Group
- Experience running and contributing to pitches in a fast-paced agency environment
- Intermediate/advanced Perl
- Built many tools to automate repetitive tasks and add new insight to marketing campaigns
- Open-source contributions on github
- The SEO Tools on this site were built using Perl, Mojolicious & MongoDB
other technical things
- HTML(5), CSS
- Basic knowledge of Python
- Many APIs including Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Webmaster Tools
- PhantomJS and other crawling/scraping technologies
- Elastic Search
- server technologies:
- Ubuntu, Centos/Red Hat Linux
- Apache, nginx
- git/mercurial source control
- Lucene, Nutch, Solr search technologies
- frameworks / cms:
- Mojolicious web framework
- Twitter Bootstrap